FIRST is exited to announce our need-based FIRST LEGO League Junior grants for teams participating in the 2019-2020 FIRST LEGO League Season!
The Grants are managed by FIRST South Africa (NPO) and given to underserved South African teams that must have an assigned coach, and ideally also a mentor in order to prepare the team for their FIRST LEGO League Junior experience. A selected FLL Jr. team will be supported on a 2 year journey and it is therefore required that a team commits to the full duration of the grant.
The Selected FLL Jr. teams will receive:
• Teams in year 1: WeDo 2.0 + 2019/2020 Inspire Set
• Teams in year 2: will only receive the Inspire Set
• Teams in year 3: Grant stops but teams can continue to use grant equipment if they commit to FLL Jr. Expo Participation. If teams do not want to continue to participate in the next FLL Jr. Season, grant equipment needs to be returned to FIRST South Africa NPO.
• It is compulsory for Grant Teams to register at www.firstsa.org and participate in a FLL Jr. Expo in the 2019/2020 season.
• It is compulsory for grant holders to report on team progress. Preliminary report submission August 1st, final report submission date April 2020.