FIRST is exited to announce our need-based FIRST LEGO League grants for teams participating in the 2019-2020 FIRST LEGO League Season!
The Grants are managed by FIRST South Africa (NPO) and given to underserved South African teams that must have an assigned coach, and ideally also a mentor in order to prepare the team for their FIRST LEGO League experience. A selected FLL team will be supported on a 3 year journey and it is therefore required that a team commits to the full duration of the grant.
The selected FLL teams will receive:
• Teams in year 1: EV3 core set + Challenge Set
• Teams in year 2: Expansion Set + Challenge Set
• Teams in year 3: (1 EV3 Large Servo Motor, 2 EV3 Medium Servo Motors, 2 EV3 Color Sensors, 1 EV3 Cable Pack) +
• Teams in year 4: Grant stops but teams can continue to use grant equipment if they commit to FLL Regional Participation. If teams do not want to continue to participate in the next FLL Season, grant equipment needs to be returned to FIRST South Africa NPO.
• It is compulsory for Grant Teams to register at www.firstsa.org and participate in a FLL Regional competition in the 2019/2020 season.
• It is compulsory for grant holders to report on team progress. Preliminary report submission August 1st, final report submission date April 2020.