CLASS PACK DISCOVER GRANTS
The FIRST Discover is a ten (10) session program for learners aged 4 – 6 years (Grade R-1). Each session should be at least 1 hour in duration. The tenth session is the FIRST Discover Celebration Event. Parents and other educators are invited to this event. A FIRST SA representative can be invited to the FIRST Discover Celebration Event!
The Class Pack Discover Grants can be implemented in schools and Early Childhood Development (ECD) Centres, especially in under-served communities.
There are 4 learners in a FIRST Discover team. Each team of learners is registered as a participating team.
In a class 40 learners, there will be 10 teams of 4 learners.
Class Pack Discover Grant includes: for 2 classes.
- 10 x FIRST PLAYMAKERS Discover sets
- 5 x LEGO Steam Park sets
- 80 x FIRST Discover More, Six Bricks boxes
- 80 x FIRST Discover Engineering Notebooks
- 80 x FIRST Discover Certificates of Completion
- 2 x FIRST Discover Team Meeting Guides
The coaches/mentors is required to send session reports at the completion of each session. A template will be provided. These reports must be emailed to email@example.com
Additional Discover Grant info:
- A Steam Park Set (in a box) is shared between 2 teams.
- Each participating learner is given an engineering notebook, a box of 6-bricks and a certificate and gift on completion.
- Each participating educator is given a Team Meeting Guide, ongoing training, and development support.
- For a class of 40 learners, there should be at least 3 coaches/mentors.
After the celebration event, a subsequent implementation may be negotiated. If a next implementation is not planned, the Returnable Equipment (which is on loan and remains the property of FIRST SA) must be returned to FIRST SA, to ensure that other learners benefit from this grant.