Welcome to FIRST Lego League Explore!
Focused on building an interest in science and engineering in children ages 6-10, FIRST®LEGO® League Explore (FLL Explore®) is a hands-on program designed to capture young children’s inherent curiosity and direct it toward discovering the possibilities of improving the world around them. Just like FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge (FLL Challenge®), this program features a real-world challenge, to be solved by research, critical thinking and imagination. Guided by adult coaches and the FLL Explore Core Values, students work with LEGO elements and moving parts to build ideas and concepts and present them for review.
Team Members get to:
- Design and build challenge solutions using LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0 Core Set
and any other LEGO elements
- Apply real-world math and science concept
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Learn team-building and presentation skills
- Develop Show-Me poster
What supplies do I need to get started?
- LEGO® WeDo2.0
*Available from LEGO Education retailers in South Africa.
- 2020 FIRST LEGO League EXPLORE Playmakers Set *Order when registering a team.
- Laptop or Tablet for programming * Check the minimum system specifications from LEGO Education.
Team registration including a Explore “Playmakers” Set, Engineering Notebook and Team meeting guide at R800 + Shipping.